Saturday, February 21, 2009

to rember is more violent


the picture represent me in high school and the craziness i went through. each tell a story.

When I turned to fish cheeks, the picture reminded me of the picture I took in high school. The family photo of my brothers and sister jumped right out at me.
After reading the article Fish cheeks, it reminded me of my family and how we are the same but I so much wanted to be different from them and resemble my friends instead. "you want be same like American girls on the outside... fish cheeks, by Amy tan" I had wanted to be this idea I thought everyone else was, and I tried to blend in but at the same time I was sticking out more also clashing with my family. High school not just the place but the actually years are memorable moments. Intense and some so amazing, although it was hard I can’t see me done anything else.
I remember my grandmother telling me," you can do whatever you want in life as long as you do it with respect. I thought I understood what she meant but after a while it stuck Whit me and I didn't quiet understand until I reached my senior year of high school. I was skating through school I did just enough work and my senior year. Respect didn't mean necessarily showing or giving but just doing whatever it takes to get it done or go about life proud and with reason. Fish cheeks brought back memories and my picture helps me remember what life was like then.